The Ordinariate Mass is celebrated several times each year in Greyfriars Convent Chapel 15-19 Abbey Street, Elgin IV30 1DA,
in the centre of the city.
Greyfriars was founded here in 1479 on the site of a previous Franciscan convent. The Franciscan friars were introduced into Elgin by King Alexander II in the 13th century and moved to this site in the 15th century. Greyfriars was sold to the Sisters of Mercy in 1891. The ruined buildings of the Convent and church were restored between 1896 and 1908 by the Marquis of Bute and his son Lord Colum Crichton Stuart.
Today it is home to the Dominican Sisters of St Cecilia in Scotland. We are grateful to the Sisters for their warm welcome, but because of their apostolic work it is difficult to plan Mass dates too far in advance.